Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kool Moe Dano

Now, I know the Stars didn't win tonight, but 38 year old Mike Modano had a goal and an assist, giving him 13 points through 18 games this season. So I present you this question: is Modano the best forward in the history of the NHL to never break 100 points in a season? Either way you can't deny Mike is one cool customer. Stayed with the organization that drafted him his entire career? Cool. The all-time goals and points leader for US-born players? Fuck yeah America's super cool. Only career fight was against Rod Brind'Amour? You know that cat's out of sight! And let's not sugar coat things, the Stars have been lame ever since they moved to Dallas, but Modano has that old school North Stars street cred. If you own Modano you're probably in a fairly deep league, and good for you. He's worth it just for the leadership he brings to your squad. So here's to you Mikey M, keep showin these kids how it's done.

Scott Clemmensen - Well, I'm not sure exactly why, but it looks like he's taken the starting job from Weekes. He managed to (shockingly) beat the Panthers tonight. I have a feeling that eventually he'll lose the job back to Weekes (or the Devils will trade for another goalie), but in the meantime if you're looking for starts in NJ, Clemmensen's your man.

Slava Kozlov - Netted his 11th goal of the season, has goals in 3 straight games, and is still available in 50% of Yahoo leagues. Kozlov's numbers cover such a wide range over his career that I honestly never know what to expect from him, but he's playing too well to pass up so far.

Pierre-Marc Bouchard - If anyone is still holding onto him, I think it's time to let it go.

Pavol Demitra - I won't be mentioning him again anytime soon, but he's clicking with the Sedins and still available in a lot of leagues. Ride it while you can!

Kris Versteeg - 1 G, 2 A, +1, 2 PPP. He's quietly putting together a run at the Calder trophy this season. Definitely should not be available in any keepers, and it's almost time to pick him up in all other leagues too.

Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers - Well it looks like Dwayne Roloson isn't the answer to the Oilers problems after all. We'll have to wait until next WEDNESDAY to find out if JDD or Garon gets the next start. Seriously what is wrong with the NHL's schedule? I honestly don't know what the right call is on this situation, but if Three's Company taught me anything, it's that nobody is getting lucky.

Andrew Cogliano - Goals in back to back games after slumping hard for a while. I'll admit I gave up on him, but picked him back up after he started heating up again. Hopefully he keeps it going... although the SIX DAY BREAK before his next game might kill his momentum a little bit!

Mark Giordano - Had an impressive 48 game rookie season last year and is off to a good start this season as well. Had 1 A, +1, 3 SOG, 2 PIM against the Avalanche. He's only worth looking at in very deep leagues and keepers, but in those sort of leagues I like him.

Erik Ersberg - I don't know why he's still available in so many leagues, but he is for some reason, so I have to keep mentioning his name. I would pick him up in my one league if I didn't already own 4 good goalies. Hell now that I mention it I'm going to go back to trying to trade one of them to make room for Double E.

No comments: